Narration is one of the first elements of the wise man and its importance has not diminished with the passage of time and periods, and in the contemporary period, it plays a decisive role in human life more than many previous periods. The new paradigm and the spread of media and arts caused the artistic narrative to be closer to the mental narrative than any other period and to be widely disseminated.
From ancient times until today, opinions and theories have been formed about narrative and its elements such as typology, stylistics, arrays, relationships between narratives, etc. Thus, narratology has expanded along with narrative.
The Academy of Arts of the Islamic Republic of Iran, considering the growing importance of narration and its role in various arts, is holding a conference on "Art and Narration" with the following axes :
- Narrative representation and theatrical representation in the arts
- Narrative elements and arts: face, time, sound ...
- Comparative narratology in the arts: cinema, theater, music, visual arts ...
- Literary narratives and artistic narratives
- Artistic narratives and cultures
- Artistic narratives and realities of life
- Iranian narratives and Iranian arts
- Art narratology in Iran (artists, researchers and audiences).
Scientific Secretary of the Conference: Dr. Ali Abbasi, Professor of Shahid Beheshti University
Conference time: Winter 2021
Abstract submission time: 21 Nov. 2021
Address: Tehran, Vali Asr St., Taleghani Intersection, No. 1552